Issue 9 References
Lynda Warner: Excellence from the southern 'wilderness'
Object Magazine, #55, Studio Edition, 2008
Worldometer, Countries in the world by population (2020)
Designing place through the lens of ageing
Browning, M., Lee, K., & Wolf, K. L. (2019). Tree cover shows an inverse relationship with depressive symptoms in elderly residents living in U.S. nursing homes. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 23–32.
Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission website:
The use of the image in this article does not constitute an endorsement by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
Designing For Vulnerability
1. Australian Red Cross. Go Without Homelessness.
2. The Sydney Morning Herald. Clean-up begins of the 2400 homes destroyed in NSW bushfires.
3. The Canberra Times. Canberra and Queanbeyan provide staging-post for fire refugees.
4. Cooper, R. (1997). ‘Design research comes of age’. The Design Journal, Taylor and Francis Online.
5. UK Design Council. Design Methods for Developing Services.
6. The New York Times. Expanding the Definitions of Design.
7. The New York Times. Expanding the Definitions of Design.
8. Cooper, R. (1997). Design research comes of age. The Design Journal, Taylor and Francis Online.
9. PwC Australia. Our People: 2019 Global Annual Review.
10. PwC Australia. Social Impact: Homelessness.
11. UK Design Council. Design Methods for Developing Services.
12. PwC Australia. Our People: 2019 Global Annual Review.
13. Harvard Health. Right brain/left brain, right?.
14. PwC Australia. Tackling Homelessness in Australia.
15. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Couch surfers: A profile of Specialist Homelessness Services clients.
16. Homeless Hub. Myths and Questions About Homelessness.
18. Green Left. More than 16% of Homeless People have Full-time Jobs.
20. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Couch surfers: A profile of Specialist Homelessness Services clients.
22. Homeless Hub. Myths and Questions About Homelessness.
25. The Lady Musgrave Trust. Human Centred Design a key to the homelessness solution.
How can a manufactured housing system, contribute to solving australia's housing affordability problem?
Australian Government. (2017). Australian weather and seasons – a variety of climates.
Belsky, E.S., Herbert, C. E., & Molinsky, J. H. (Eds.). (2014). Homeownership built to last: balancing access, affordability, and risk after the housing crisis [ebook].
Derwin. J (2020), Business Insider Australia. (2020). Surging house process have put the RBA on the back foot, preventing another interest rate cut.
Kozaki. D and Stuart, R. (2017). Sydney housing: New survey paints dire picture for Harbour City’s middle-income earners.
Murcutt, G. (2000). Touching this earth lightly: Glenn Murcutt in his own words. Melbourne, Australia: Duffy and Snellgrove
Rider Levett Bucknall 2016. Riders digest. Melbourne Australia 44th Edition.
The Conversation. (2017). Contested spaces: the ‘long-grassers’, living private lives in public places.
One to watch: eric tieng
Invisible Designer: James Harrison
Australian Dictionary of Biography, Harrison, James (1816-1893) (accessed 24/06/2020)
AIRAH, James Harrison (accessed 25/06/2020)
Wikipedia, James Harrison (engineer) (accessed 11/06/2020)
Museums Victoria Collections, James Harrison, Inventor, Newspaper Proprietor & Mayor of Geelong, Victoria (1816-1893) (accessed 25/06/2020)
Australian Grographic, Top 10 Aussies we've never heard of (accessed 11/06/2020)
Wikipedia, Vapor-compression refrigeration (accessed 11/06/2020)